Society of Construction Law North America
As more countries are starting to lift restrictions as a result of COVID-19, construction sites are coming back to life, or in some cases scaling back up, in COVID-secure “new normal” environments. At what point will force majeure relief end, and will parties be entitled to force majeure relief again if a second wave of COVID-19 infections and associated restrictions occurs?
Please join Emma Schaafsma and Nick Oury, construction and engineering disputes partners at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, and Dr. Anamaria Popescu, chairman of SCL North America and a managing director in BRG’s Global Construction practice, as they discuss these issues and consider what parties should be doing now to protect their position in the future.
Topics will include:
- The COVID situation in construction today
- Force majeure: a recap of the law
- Lifting of restrictions: dealing with current force majeure claims
- Preparing for a second wave
- Exercising termination rights for prolonged force majeure
- Practical considerations